You may also like...
Wireless Wind Masthead Unit & Data Box
The wireless masthead transmitter outputs NMEA 0183 wind speed and direction data via its paired receiver box. It is powered by an internal battery which is charged from ambient light using a small solar panel. A few dull days will not affect performance. When fully charged, it is capable of two thousand hours of full operation in total darkness. The masthead transmitter sends data wirelessly to the base unit, which is powered by the vessel’s 12 Volt supply, the base unit receives wind speed and direction data from the masthead transmitter and sends it to a Clipper Wind display or any other compatible NMEA display unit.
- Wireless wind speed and direction data to any compatible NMEA display
- Easy installation with mast in place – no wires to run down
- Simple masthead alignment through base unit
- Light mast unit weight – 190 grams
Tactical Wind Mast Sensor (NMEA)
A high performance system that sends NMEA wind speed and direction data 10 times a second.
In demanding conditions, where high performance is essential, the Clipper Tactical wind mast sensor is the ideal choice. With ten updates every second it responds very quickly to the changes in wind speed and direction, which occur during tricky manoeuvres. The sensor is supplied complete with a mast mounting kit, 20 metres of light weight cable and all necessary electrical connectors to complete the installation. The output data is in the NMEA 0183 format and can be used to drive any compatible display that utilises the MWV sentence. Supplied as standard to Clipper, Target and Cruiser V2 wind systems.
NOTE – This 3 wire NMEA mast unit is not compatible with earlier 5 wire analogue Clipper, Target or Cruiser wind systems. The earlier analogue mast sensor is available on the spare parts page.
- Mast transmitter supplied with 20 metres of cable
- NMEA 0183 4800 Baud data sentence MWV – update rate = 10 per second
- Wind speed 0 to 99.9 Kts
- Wind direction 0 to 360 degrees
- Supply voltage nominal 12 Volts
- Wind sensor supply current 9mA